Wiese, W. (2018). Experienced Wholeness. Integrating Insights from Gestalt Theory, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Predictive Processing. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Fink, S. B., Wiese, W. & Windt, J. M. (Eds.) (2018). Research Topic “Philosophical and Ethical Aspects of a Science of Consciousness and the Self”, Frontiers in Psychology. (Festschrift for Thomas Metzinger, OPEN ACCESS)
Wiese, W. (forthcoming). Explaining the Enduring Intuition of Substantiality. The Phenomenal Self as an Abstract ‘Salience Object’. Journal of Consciousness Studies.
Wiese, W. & Metzinger, T. (forthcoming). Androids dream of virtual sheep. In T. Shanahan & P. Smart (Eds.), Blade Runner 2049. Routledge.
Wiese, W. & Metzinger, T. (forthcoming). Key concepts of predictive processing. In D. Neiva, M. Curado, & S. Gouveia (Eds.), The Philosophy and Science of Predictive Processing. London: Bloomsbury.
Wiese, W. (2018). Toward a mature science of consciousness. Frontiers in Psychology 9, 693. DOI: 3389/fpsyg.2018.00693 (OPEN ACCESS)
Wiese, W. (2018). Ethics of belief: On some conceptual and empirical obstacles to teaching the ability for positive learning. In O. Zlatkin-Troitschanskaia, G. Wittum, & A. Dengel (Eds.), Positive Learning in the Age of Information (PLATO) - A blessing or a curse? Wiesbaden: Springer.
Wiese, W. (2017). Predictive processing and the phenomenology of time consciousness. A hierarchical extension of Rick Grush's trajectory estimation model. In T. Metzinger & W. Wiese (Eds.). Philosophy and Predictive Processing: 26. Frankfurt am Main: MIND Group. DOI: 10.15502/9783958573277
Wiese, W. & Metzinger T. (2017). Vanilla PP for philosophers: A primer on predictive processing.
In T. Metzinger & W. Wiese (Eds.). Philosophy and Predictive Processing: 1. Frankfurt am Main: MIND Group. DOI: 10.15502/9783958573024
Wiese, W. (2017). Action is enabled by systematic misrepresentations. Erkenntnis 82(6), 1233-1252. DOI: 10.1007/s10670-016-9867-x
Wiese, W. (2017). How to solve the problem of phenomenal unity: finding alternatives to the single state conception. Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences 16(5), 811-836. DOI: 10.1007/s11097-016-9478-7 (OPEN ACCESS)
Wiese, W. (2017). What are the contents of representations in predictive processing? Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences 16(4), 715-736. DOI: 10.1007/s11097-016-9472-0 The final publication is available at link.springer.com.
Wiese, W. (2015). Perceptual presence in the Kuhnian-Popperian Bayesian brain - A Commentary on Anil K. Seth. In T. Metzinger & J.M. Windt (Eds.) Open MIND: 35(C). Frankfurt am Main: MIND Group. DOI: 10.15502/9783958570207 (OPEN ACCESS)
Also in: Metzinger, T., & Windt, J.M. (Eds.) (2016). Open MIND, Vol. 2. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, pp. 1475-1493.
Wiese, W. (2014). Jakob Hohwy: The Predictive Mind. Minds and Machines 24(2), 233-237. DOI: 10.1007/s11023-014-9338-6 The final publication is available at link.springer.com.
Wiese, W., and Metzinger, T. (2012). Desiderata for a mereotopological theory of consciousness: First steps towards a formal model for the unity of consciousness. In S. Edelman, T. Fekete, and N. Zach (Eds.), Being in Time. Dynamical models of phenomenal experience. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- PhD thesis: Phenomenal Holism. Foundations of an Interdisciplinary Framework for the Problem of Phenomenal Unity. Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Department of Philosophy, 2015. Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Thomas Metzinger (Mainz), Prof. Dr. Anil Seth (Sussex).
- Diploma thesis ("M.A. thesis"): Self-Attractive Random Polymers. Simulations Near the Critical Point With PERM. Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Mathematical Institute, 2012. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Achim Klenke.
- M.A. thesis: Giulio Tononi's Integrated Information Theory of Consciousness. Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Department of Philosophy, 2010. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Thomas Metzinger.
Talks and Poster Presentations
- Talk at the workshop “Predictive Processing, Consciousness, and Self”, Bochum, January 2019.
- Talk, “Perception as Augmented Reality.” Workshop “Philosophy of Predictive Processing, Self and Representations”, Lissabon, December 2018.
- Talk, “Perception as Augmented Reality.” Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Nijmegen, October 2018.
- Talk, “Discovering asymmetries in the structure of experience through radical disruptions of self-consciousness.” Workshop "Selfless Minds", Frankfurt am Main, October 2018.
- Talk, "Modeling valences of conscious experiences with lexicographic vectors." GAP 10, Cologne, September 2018.
- Talk, "Computing the valence of pleasure and pain." Kogwis, Darmstadt, September 2018.
- Four talks, "Philosophy of Mind." Interdisciplinary College, Günne, March 2018.
- Talk, "Probabilistic Representations and Consciousness." Theoretical Neurobiology Group, Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, London, February 2018.
- Talk, "Philosophie der KI-Forschung: Vom Turing-Test zur Superintelligenz." ("Philosophy of AI"; talk for high school students) Rabanus-Maurus-Gymnasium, Mainz, February 2018.
- Talk, "Towards a paradigmatic science of consciousness? On the prospects of integrating multidisciplinary consciousness research." Research colloquium Philosophy and Cognitive Science, Bochum, January 2018.
- Talk, "Ergebnisse aus der Forschung zum Zeiterleben", Cultural Centre Betakontext, Berlin, November 2017.
- Talk, "Making it personal: What subpersonal PP stories can tell us about consciousness." Workshop "Expecting Ourselves: Prediction, Action, and the Embodied Mind", Edinburgh, November 2017.
- Talk, "Explaining substantiality: The phenomenal self as an abstract salience object." Workshop "Designed Mind", Edinburgh, November 2017.
- Talk, "Herbartian ideas in predictive processing and their relevance to the problem of self-consciousness." Third International Conference on Philosophy of Mind, Braga, October 2017.
- Talk, "Morphological Computation and Consciousness." Working Group "Morphological Computation", Santa Fe, September 2017.
- Talk, "Herbartian ideas in predictive processing and their relevance to the problem of self-consciousness." Symposium "Philosophy and Predictive Processing" at ECAP9, Munich, August 2017.
- Talk, "What's it worth? Towards a formal model of the subjective value of conscious experiences." ECAP9, Munich, August 2017.
- Talk, "On some conceptual and empirical obstacles to teaching the ability for positive learning." PLATO Summer Conference, Mainz, June 2017.
- Talk, "PEM and voluntary attention." Workshop "Predictive Coding and the Mind", Bochum, March 2017.
- Talk, "Must artificial consciousness be embodied?" Workshop "On Conscious Artificial Systems", Tuebingen, December 2016.
- Talk, "Niemand war oder hatte jemals ein Ich. Die Selbstmodelltheorie von Thomas Metzinger" ("No one ever was or had a self. Thomas Metzinger's self-model theory."), Symposium "Wer bin ich wirklich?", Stuttgart, November 2016.
- Talk, "Bradleys Regress und die Einheit des Bewusstseins" ("Bradley's regress and the unity of consciousness"), Colloquium of the Department of Philosophy, Mainz, November 2016.
- Talk, "What are the contents of representations in predictive processing?", KogWis2016, Bremen, September 2016.
- Talk, "Experiencing temporal continua: how is it possible?", CEP2016, Bristol, September 2016.
- Tutorial, "Predictive Processing and Consciousness", ASSC20, Buenos Aires, June 2016.
- Talk, "How can experienced temporal continua be accounted for in terms of finite neural states?", ASSC20, Buenos Aires, June 2016.
- Talk, "Wie wirklich bin Ich?", Regensburg, May 2016.
- Talk, "Predictive Processing and the Phenomenology of Time Consciousness." MIND23, Frankfurt a.M., May 2016.
- Talk, "A hierarchical extension of Rick Grush's trajectory estimation model." Rudolf-Carnap-Lectures 2016, Bochum, March 2016.
- Talk, “Do atomic phenomenal moments exist?", BaCI, Utrecht, September 2015.
- Poster, “Why the single state conception does not solve the problem of phenomenal unity." ASSC19, Paris, July 2015.
- Poster, “Sensorimotor skills require homological representations." Workshop The Sensorimotor Theory of Perception and Consciousness: Developments and Open Questions, Paris, July 2015.
- Talk, “The regularity account of phenomenal unity.” MIND22, Frankfurt a.M. April 2015.
- Poster, “How far does the predicted present extend into the future?” Workshop Cognitive Penetration and Predictive Coding, Bochum, March 2015.
- Talk, “Predictive Processing and phenomenal unity: Towards a formal definition” MIND21intensive, Frankfurt a.M. November 2014.
- Talk, “Cartesian agents duel with demons -- Embodied agents learn SaMBA (Systematic use of Misrepresentations to the Benefit of the Agent).” Spindel 2014, Memphis. October 2014.
- Poster (together with Iuliia Pliushch), “Towards a Predictive Processing account of mental agency.” KogWis14, Tübingen. October 2014.
- Talk, “How to make progress on the problem of phenomenal unity.” Workshop Unity of Consciousness: Phenomenological and Cognitive Aspects, St. Petersburg. August 2014.
- Poster, “A predictive processing account of phenomenal unity.” IK2014, Günne. March 2014.
- Talk, “A predictive processing account of phenomenal unity.” MIND20, Frankfurt a.M. March 2014.
- Talk, “Varieties of misrepresentation worth wanting.” Rudolf-Carnap-Lectures 2014, Bochum. March 2014.
- Talk, “The Predicted Present.” Workshop The Predictive Mind, Mainz. December 2013.
- Talk, “Phenomenal Holism.” Workshop Brain – Body – Environment: Recent Approaches to Consciousness and Cognition, Mainz. November 2013.
- Poster, “Meditation improves precision expectations.” ASSC17, San Diego. July 2013.
- Talk, “Meditation, Attention, and Predictive Coding.” MIND19, Zurich. March 2013.
- Poster, “What can Friston's free-energy principle tell us about embodied cognition?” Workshop Conceptual and Mathematical Foundations of Embodied Intelligence, Leipzig. February/March 2013.
- Talk, “Phenomenal Time.” MIND18intensive, Mainz. October 2012.
- Poster, “Towards a Mereotopological Framework for the Unity of Consciousness.” KogWis12, Bamberg. October 2012.
- Talk, “A Mereotopological Theory for the Unity of Consciousness.” KogWis-Doktorandenkolloquium, Bamberg. September 2012.
- Talk, “Mereotopology and Consciousness.” MIND17intensive, Mainz. September 2012.
- Poster, “Towards a Self-Representational Account of the Diachronic Unity of Consciousness.” ASSC16, Brighton. July 2012.
- Talk, “Representational Fusion.” MIND16, Frankfurt a.M. June 2012.
- Talk, “The whole parts of consciousness.” MIND15, Frankfurt a.M. October 2011.
- Talk, “The integrated information theory and the two problems of consciousness.” MIND13, Frankfurt a.M. October 2010.
- Talk, “A comment on Giulio Tononi’s Integrated Information Theory of Consciousness.” MIND12, Zürich. March 2010.
- Talk, “An Analysis of Rational Analysis.” MIND11, Berlin. May 2009.
- Talk, “Perceptual Knowledge and Spatial Perception. A comment on Quassim Cassam’s The Possibility of Knowledge.” 4. Mainz-Frankfurt Kolloquium, Frankfurt a.M. January 2008.